“Respect your intimacy is coded into our DNA since we began WhatsApp, we have desired to assemble our assistance with a set of powerful privacy rules in mind.”
What Data Does WhatsApp Collect?
WhatsApp yet can’t read your conversations because it’s end-to-end encrypted, but here’s everything else it knows. So WhatsApp knows which phone and model of the phone you are using, the configuration, OS, battery status, signal strength, time zone, IP address, everything, and all the other WhatsApp details. Like your WhatsApp procedure, which means how you’re using the app when you’re recently online, etc.
WhatsApp also accesses your payment details, your transactions from banks, status updates, group details like group names, picture, description, your profile picture, and you’re about info. The last time you updated, you’re about information, so that’s all the data WhatsApp has about you and your phone.
What Is Data Sharing with Facebook?
For example, when you share a link on WhatsApp about maybe a new phone, you want to buy or say a T-shirt you want to buy from WhatsApp, and Facebook takes these details to use it for ads and other assistance.
So, don’t get amazed when you and your friends see the exact ads about that phone or that T-shirt. Facebook now has a complete record of WhatsApp data, and unlike in the past, you had an option not to share your data with Facebook. There’s no such option now.
Which Data Is Sharing When You Communicate With The Business Account On Whatsapp?
So, when you’re communicating with a business account on WhatsApp, you have to keep in mind that your data might be accessible by numerous people in their business. If the company is operating with other third-party services, your data might share with them too. Indeed, if you’re communicating with a business account on WhatsApp, your data isn’t as secure or personal.
1. As the prior WhatsApp Policy let out, we still do not enable third-party standard ads on our assistance; that’s fine. The newer Policy adds a sentence to it that says:
In my view, it is an indication that someday we will see some of the Ads on WhatsApp, now I might be reading into the lines a bit too much, but it is Facebook, so I think it’s useful.
2. I previously did not know that when you delete your WhatsApp account using the WhatsApp application’s delete option, not all your data will delete. Still, most of your data will be deleted. Nevertheless, whatever data relating to the groups you assembled or the data other users have, like your messages sent to them, will not be deleted.
Strategies To Deal With The Situation:
- One can wait for the government to bring up more strong laws regarding privacy and personal user data.
- We can become more self-reliant. Even WhatsApp terms and conditions announced that people wouldn’t be having an issue with a new update. It’s up to WhatsApp users whether they want to use WhatsApp or want to switch on to another app.
- There are great apps you can switch to from WhatsApp. Telegram is already very popular in India and its open source. Hence, ask your contacts to communicate on the Telegram if they want to move away from WhatsApp.
Anyway, overall, the fact is we are now noticing WhatsApp, the Facebook company. WhatsApp is no longer privacy pointed communicating application. I mean, all of your WhatsApp data will be used by Facebook from February 8th, whether you like it or not.
Well, what do you guys think? Do you think we need to remove WhatsApp and move to another application comment down below?