Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of improving your website to increase your rankings on Google for key business terms. SEO is one of the most effective digital marketing tactics in which you can invest your time and you can use it in a variety of ways. Here are four key SEO types to start with.
On-Page SEO, also known as the On-Site SEO, optimizes the content of your website. This includes Keywords, Headers, Meta Titles, Meta Descriptions, Pictures, etc.
Tips For On-Page SEO:
- Find Your Keywords – determine the terms and queries on search engines for which you would like to rank. Do research on keywords with great relevance and volume of search, but less competition. Once you have determined the correct keywords, optimise the content and headers of your landing page for those terms.
- Optimize Metadata – Metadata tells Google about page content. Ensure that your Meta Titles and Meta Descriptions contain relevant content and keyword phrases to give you a better chance of a higher search rankings.
- Build Internal Linking – Internal links are URLs that link to other pages on your site. These are often attached to the anchored text. Include links on specific keywords in your copy and link to high-level pages so that Google can better read and make your site easier for users.
The inclusion of On-Page SEO on the website is useful for search engines to understand your website content. And if Google understands your website, it can reward you by showing your site for search queries that it considers relevant.
2. Off-Page SEO
Off-Page SEO or OFf-Site SEO is almost all that doesn’t happen on your website. Off-Page SEO creates exposure and confidence for your company, which can ultimately lead to more visitors and sales.
Link building is the focus of most Off-Page SEO work. If you do not know, link building means getting other well-known websites to link back to your site.
Some Tactics For Building Links:
- Guest posting – Many blogs and online publications will accept your posts and publish them on their site. Ensure that the website is relevant and that you have a link back to your company.
- Competitor Research – Check your biggest competitors’ backlink profile. Find out where links are being acquired and which sites are hyperlinked.
- Helping Reporters Without Borders (HARO) – Helping a reporter out is an online service in which journalists ask certain industry experts for their insight. That’s where you’re coming in! Give your expertise a quote or information, and you will most likely link to your website in the article.
- Make sure that your acquired links are obtained, from authoritative sources, traffic, follow-up links and are available from relevant sites!
3. Technical SEO
Technical SEO refers to actions taken by search engines to help your website crawl. With increasingly complex search engines and their algorithms, these requirements are changing, which means that this type of SEO is always changing.
To ensure that your website does not have problems with Google, your Technical SEO efforts must be effective.
Technical SEO Efforts Should Be Addressed By:
- Speed Of The Website – Faster speed of the website is always better. Make your template easy, limited and optimise your visuals.
- Mobile Friendliness – Many users move from their desktop to their mobile device. Check your site on a mobile device to make it easy to navigate for mobile visitors.
- Site Structure – Use a user-friendly, consistent URL structure and constant internal links with HTTPS hypertext.
4. Local SEO
Local SEO is an SEO variant focusing not on a national focus, but on a particular area. It’s all about increasing your online presence in your community and promoting your local customers’ products or services.
Often your Google My Business profile depends on how well you rank on Google. This is where your address, business hours, description, reviews and photos are included. The search engine search results pages examine proximity, relevance, and prominence on the basis of the user’s search query.
The Advantages Of Local SEO are:
- It’s very focused
- This is free
- There is a greater chance to rank locally because only 44% of companies claim their GMB listing